Tips on How to Record Good Audio for Transcribing CompaniesApril 7, 2018
A Filmmaker’s Guide to Perfectly Formatted Short Film ScriptsJune 27, 2018
All it takes is a few minutes of web surfing to see how much the Internet has changed in the last decade. What used to be a text based medium has been transformed through the miracle of broadband into a global platform for sharing videos. Need proof? Okay. Do you know what the world’s 2nd largest search engine is today after Google? It’s YouTube. Not only that, but every minute more than 300 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube and every day more than 1 billion YouTube videos are watched by people using mobile devices. The problem is it’s not easy to find what you’re looking for in a video. That’s why more and more people are discovering the value of a good video transcription service in Toronto.
Why Video Transcription Service in Toronto is So Important
More and more people are discovering that transcription is an invaluable ally in the quest to make the most of their video content. Here are a few examples of why that is:
- Text files are searchable – When you’re watching a video and want to find the place where someone made a particular point your only option is to click around. Even time stamps aren’t a very effective way to find exactly what you’re after. When you transcribe the video you can search for a keyword that will take you to the exact place you’re searching for in a split second.
- Transcription lets you repurpose video content – A video is a video is a video. Unless of course you transcribe it. Once you do the content of that video can be repurposed into web pages, blog posts, emails, promotional materials and even referenced in other videos. Transcription allows you to get the most out of your video content.
- Transcription lets you use video content to aid in your SEO efforts – You can have the greatest, most informative video ever made on your website but Google’s bots can’t search it. As such it won’t help in your SEO efforts. However, if you transcribe that video and use the information to create blog posts Google will scan those posts and your transcribed video content will help boost your organic search results page ranking.
- Transcription lets you broaden your appeal – As popular as video has become there are still a lot of people who prefer to read rather than listen and watch. If you transcribe your video and create an article based on it then your web page will appeal both to those who prefer to watch and those who prefer to read.
- Increased accessibility – Even in an age when high speed wi-fi is the norm not everyone is able to stream video easily on their PC or mobile devices. By offering a transcribed version of your video you’re making the content accessible to a wider audience. That wider audience also includes the hearing impaired.
For timely, reliable video transcription service in Toronto contact Flaming Fingers. We’re the GTA’s #1 source for high quality transcription of audio and video files large and small.