If you are going to the trouble and expense of hiring a transcription specialist to work from audio files or to make live recordings and transcribe from them, you should make sure that your chosen specialist can meet all of your needs in full. Some companies are more flexible than others so it pays to ask a few questions before you settle on one particular service provider. Below, we have listed 5 questions that we feel are important for you to ask before you engage the services of any particular transcription company.
Finding the Best Transcription Services in Toronto
Whether you call, email, or visit the offices of a transcription company in person, asking the questions below will help you to evaluate whether they are the right people for the work you have in mind.
- How Fast Are Your Turnaround Times? – If the companies you approach are not able to transcribe your files within a reasonable timeframe, it will not matter how good they are at what they do. You need to find a team that can handle your workload in a timely manner, without any drop in the standard of the transcriptions they provide.
- Do You Have the Capacity to take on Regular Work or a Large Volume of Work? – If the companies you approach does not have the capacity to take on regular work or a large volume of work you can run in to the problem of your tasks not being completed when you need them due to them being overwhelmed.
- How Many Years Have You Been in Business? – While you might get lucky and hire a brand-new team that is capable of doing a great job, it is far more likely that a well-established company will be able to provide you with the high-quality services you require. The longer a transcription firm has been in business, the easier it will be for them to anticipate your needs and therefore to make your life easier.
- Can I Send Files Over the Internet? – Whether you use ftp or another protocol, the ability to send audio or video files online will speed up the transcription process considerably. All reputable companies that offer transcription services in Toronto should be able to accept files that are sent over the internet.
- Do You Offer a Personal Service? – A company that takes the time to listen to your needs and is willing to provide a flexible service that is customized to meet them will definitely be a better choice than one that has no interest in ensuring you are happy with what they provide. Flexibility is key when working with transcription providers.
Our transcription services in Toronto are among the very best and we can certainly answer the above 5 questions to your complete satisfaction. Send us an email with your requirements or call to discuss them in person with a member of our team. We are sure that we can provide you with the services you need.